Hey, I went up to the Ubiquiti World Conference yesterday in Chicago. Thought I’d share a few quick points from my notes.
- Mentioned they were shooting for one new product line per quarter - seems pretty aggressive
- point to point wireless backhaul. Not wifi based.
- 700 Mbps in each direction up to about 1.5 miles. 250 Mbps out to ~10 miles (max range)
- license free, 24 Ghz. Might support licensed 21 / 25 Ghz later on.
- they brought the AirFiber team in from Motorola Canopy.
- simultaneous transmission - separate antenna for TX / RX. Allows for better RX gain without hitting FCC limits for output.
- $3000 for two units / a single link.
- UAP Pro should be available in April finally. Will have GbE, multiple ethernet ports, 802.3af, 5 Ghz support.
- Outdoor 5 Ghz
- Availiability issues - UAP-LR has not shipped for a few months. Should be better soon.
- Multi site management coming soon. Separate databases, single place to manage all of it through.
- 5.5 - multiple VLAN support, large MTU (2024 bytes)
- 5.6 - Ubiquiti SNMP MIB
- Multiple SSID’s might be added in a later release
- prevents your own AP’s on a single tower from transmitting while another is receiving. Only prevents collisions from your own AP’s though.
- 8 port web managed (AirOS) PoE switch
- VLAN’s, bonding, RSTP, etc.
- Ping monitoring, auto power cycle AP on port.
- No fiber planned
- no pricing announced
- GbE, 802.3af, metal case.
- Rocket Titanium, Bullet Titanium
- Variable sector width product: can be 60 / 90 / 120 degrees, can be changed by user
- A few months out
- centralized management for AirMax devices
- auto topology mapping, can pull GPS coords from devices.
- proprietary management protocol, no SNMP :(
- rule based grouping / altering / action / confic changes
- right now, AirCam, AirCam Dome, AirCam mini
- same type of camera in each. 720p
- Dome has built in mic, micro SD card
- Mini is table top form factor, has a webcam like look to it
- AirCam pro later this year. Metal body, optical zoon, heating. 1080p. IR LED
- New AirVision software features - mobile browser support, video export, email notifications with pictures, automatic disk management
- Working on pushing intelligence to cameras themselves to offload from AirVision server - motion detection, etc.
- Eventually will have PTZ cameras.
- No wireless cameras planned.
- UAP Pro - April, price will be “disruptive”
- AirFiber - Q2
- Titanium products - May
- ToughSwitch - May
- EdgeOS router still in development, a ways off. More info in future conferences.
- No plans for WiMax. Some licensed band products possible in future.